This one day event, led by experienced educator Mark Martin will look at opportunities for students within London’s tech industry.
In the morning, participants will hear from industry insiders, learning about London’s labour market and the crucial role that digital industries play within it.
In the afternoon, participants will have time to plan for how labour market intelligence can be integrated into their setting, looking at curriculum design and in-setting careers events.
Mark Martin aka @Urban_Teacher is recognised around the world for his insight and passion for education and technology. He has taught ICT for over 10 years and has become an expert in helping teachers and schools use technology to improve teaching and learning. Mark is an international speaker travelling to different countries inspiring educators to become better facilitators. Also Mark is actively involved in the UK tech sector, supporting tech companies and promoting cultural diversity within organisations.
By the end of the event participants will:
- Have a greater understanding of London’s digital labour market.
- Have more information about opportunities for training and development for young people.
- Have greater understanding of inclusive practice in technical and careers education.
- See how careers information can be embedded within an educational setting.
- Have a plan for sharing knowledge gained from the session in individual settings.
Date : Thursday 11th July
Time: 9.30am – 3pm
Venue: London Connected Learning Centre
Audience: This course is open to anyone who works with young people aged 11-24 in London.
020 7720 7514