This course is a series of recorded sessions from the virtual conference ‘Teaching 21st Century Skills – Robotics with Team Storm’ (March 3rd 2021).
- How might robotics change the future world of work?
- What skills should we be encouraging young people to develop?
- How can industry and education collaborate effectively?
This event brought education and industry together to explore the answers to these questions and more.
Through a programme of panel discussions, keynotes and practical activities, we looked at how we can engage young people in robotics and engineering, how these skills can be nurtured in-school and where and interest in robotics might take you.
Ed Hoppitt – the Europe, Middle East and Africa director for modern apps and cloud native platforms at VMWare. He is also a Robot Wars world champion with Team Storm.
- Ed Hoppitt
- Jana Baguley – a student at the University of Bath studying Education and Psychology. Whilst at school, she ran in-school competitions and The European Championships for Beetle-weight robots in 2018 and helped run a Robot Wars club for pupils.
- Grant Cooper – creative engineer at Robo Challenge ltd.