This filmmaking session focuses on camera and lighting. This is the first of three sessions on film making in education. Participants are welcome to attend any number of these sessions. Dates for workshops 2 and 3 will be released in due course.
- learn to storyboard
- improve camera techniques
- learn how and when to use different kinds of shots
- explore basic camera settings and discuss various camera options (we will be using professional quality cameras on the day)
- look at simple techniques to light scenes using practical lights as well as simple professional techniques using reflectors and cold lights.
Attendees who attend all three sessions will:
- introduce tools to help learners contextualise and understand film language
- include practical activities linked to breaking film down into sound, character, camera and story
- help attendees plan and structure a film within a classroom setting
- explain how film making can be used to develop a range of skills such as teamwork and creative problem solving as well as develop an understanding of the industry
- build your confidence using filmmaking as a tool for learning across the curriculum
- take you through the process from camera and lighting, editing and adding moving graphics and simple special effects.